One of the most important things we do at WVRWF is register voters.
Then we make sure we field the best Republican candidates as possible--and to do that, we need to be well informed and involved in the political process.
If you feel your vote won't make a difference in an election perhaps the following will convince you otherwise...
- In 1645, one vote gave Oliver Cromwell control of England.
- In 1649, one vote caused Charles 1 of England to be executed.
- In 1776, one vote gave America the English language instead of German.
- In 1839, one vote elected Marcus Morton as Governor of the State of Massachusetts.
- In 1845, one vote brought the State of Texas into the Union.
- In 1868, one vote saved President Andrew Johnson from impeachment.
- In 1876, one vote gave Rutherford B. Hayes the presidency of the United States
- In 1876, one vote changed France from a Monarchy to a Republic
- In 1943, one vote gave Adolph Hitler control of the Nazi Party and changed the course of human history
WVRWF registers voters at the...
- Thousand Oaks Mall (3rd Saturday of every month)
- Conejo Valley Fair
- Ventura County Fair
- Thousand Oaks Rotary Club Fair
- Naturalization Ceremonies in Los Angeles and Ventura Counties
To vote in an election you must meet the requirements of the state in which you live. In California, for example, you may register to vote if you are:
- A citizen of the United States
- A resident of the State of California
- Are at least 18 years of age(or will be by the date of the next election)
- You are not in prison, on parole for conviction of a felony
- or, you have not been judged by a court to be mentally incompetent to register and vote.
You must reregister to vote if:
- You move; or
- You change your name due to marriage or court order; or
- You change your party affiliation
REGISTER TO VOTE TODAY:
Los Angeles County
Volunteer at the U.S. Naturalization Ceremony
Help register new citizens as they leave the United States Naturalization ceremony. The Republican Party of Los Angeles County brings all registration materials and provides lunch.
For more info contact:
Devon Cormier DCormierSCV@aol.com
NATURALIZATION CEREMONY SCHEDULE
United States District Court
Central District of California
312 North Spring Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Los Angeles Convention Center
1201 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90015
L.A. County Fairgrounds - Fairplex
1101 W. Mckinley Ave., Building 4
Pomona, CA 91768
901 North Via San Clemente
Montebello, CA 90640